Help On Mosaic v1.0
If you have accessed this document from the Help On Version menu
selection in NCSA Mosaic, you are
using version 1.0.
Version 1.0 includes the following changes from version 0.13:
- Added new resource, gethostbynameIsEvil, for Sun's that
coredump when gethostbyname() is called to try to find
out what their own names are. (Command-line flag is
- Explicitly pop down all dialog boxes when document view
window is closed, for window managers too dull to do
- Better visited anchor color for non-SGI's.
- Added .hqx and .uu to list of file extensions handled
like .tar files.
- Added 'Clear' button to Open box, to allow more convenient
cut-n-paste entries of URL's.
- New resource 'autoPlaceWindows'; if set to False, new
document view windows will not be automatically positioned
by the program itself (but it's still up to your window
manager just how they're placed).
- Command-line flags -i and -iconic now have desired effect
(new resource initialWindowIconic can also be used).
- Gif-reading code is a little more bulletproof.
- Obscure infinite loop triggered by extra space in IMG
- Eliminated nonintuitive error message when image can't
be read (inlined NCSA bitmap is indication enough
that something's not right for authors, and readers
can't do anything about bad images in any case).
- Obscure parsing bug (for constructs like
<ADDRESS><A HREF=...>text<A></ADDRESS>) fixed.
- Fixed mysterious stupid coredump that only hits Suns.
- Fixed stupid coredump on URL's like '://cbl.leeds.ac.uk/'.
- Fixed buglet in handling rlogin URL's.
- New support for Solaris/SYSVR4 (courtesy
- Better support for HP-UX 8.x and 9.x (courtesy
- Better support for NeXT (courtesy firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Some miscellaneous portability fixes (courtesy email@example.com).
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and cleanups.
Information on other versions of NCSA Mosaic is here.
General information on NCSA Mosaic is available here.