This product list gives you the information about various products developed
with C++. It includes the public domain software as well as commercial
software. It also illustrates the features of these products. The products
considered for the documentation are C++ Compilers, C++ Class Libraries and
other Commercial Products.
The format of this document is nearly the same for all the products (This
has been done to facilitate comparisions). The format is given below:
Based on the availability of the information some of the above fields can be
blank. Please feel free to point out any mistakes/changes on the above
information. Please try to submit the change in the above format.
- Product Name: Name of the product and its latest version
- Platform: Hardware / Software platform (wherever relevant).
- Restrictions and Availability: Whether Freeware (The term Freeware is
used for public domain and free copyrighted or copylefted(GNU)
software) or Commercial (detailed license or distribution
conditions should be read from the copyright conditions supplied
with the product). It also gives the address from where you can
get the product.
- ANSI Standard: How close the product confirm to the future ISO/ANSI
standard. This information is ordinarily provided for compilers,
libraries and tools.
- Present Version and price: includes information abt discount (if avbl.)
- Description: Features, Experience with the product etc.
- Source: Generally address of the person who provided the information
(see copyright notice). Most often the features claimed to be
available in the product are directly taken from the information
in first person.
- NetComments: Experience with the product by different user. Collected
mainly from the USENET or response to some query on the USENET.