Press releases of the year 2002
- 2002/12/04 Fireworks in noble gas clusters A first experiment with the new "free-electron laser"
- 2002/11/18 German Science Council Recommends International Accelerator Project TESLA
- 2002/11/01 X-Ray Laser Cooperation within the scope of the TESLA-Project DESY and SLAC signed agreement in Washington
- 2002/07/15 Excellent Marks for the International Accelerator Project TESLA Positive statement of the German Science Council about the linear collider for particle physics and the X-ray laser laboratory at DESY
- 2002/03/18 DESY mourns for Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Willibald Jentschke DESY's Founding Father died at the age of 90 He was known as the "father of DESY": Prof. Dr. Willibald Jentschke, who has built up the Hamburg research center, and been its director for 10 years. Jentschke died on March 11, 2002, only a few months after his 90th birthday (born December 6, 1911), which he had celebrated at DESY. "Without Willibald Jentschke, DESY would never have existed," said Prof. Dr. Albrecht Wagner, chairman of the DESY Board of Directors. "His negotiating skill, his tenacity and his far-reaching decisions laid the fundament of DESY; his team spirit still influences DESY's leadership style up to the present. We will remember Willibald Jentschke as always being a warm-hearted and dedicated companion of DESY's everyday life." Jentschke had a close relationship to DESY till the end.